My TiVo says it is not connected to the internet.
My onscreen guide is missing information.
Apps are not working.
My TiVo Mini says it is unable to locate my DVR.
The TiVo must connect to the internet in order for apps to function and to download programming information for the onscreen guide. TiVo Minis obtain their information and access to recordings from the main DVR box.
After each of the below steps, check again to see if the problem has been resolved.
- Verify your internet service is functioning. If internet is not working on any devices within the home, please see Internet Troubleshooting.
- Reboot your main TiVo DVR box by unplugging it from the power for approximately 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- Check if you have a MoCa Bridge connected to your modem. This is a small device labeled ActionTec which connects your TiVo boxes to the internet. Reboot this device by unplugging it from the power for approximately 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- From your TiVo DVR, press the [TiVo] button and navigate to Menu > Settings > Network Settings > Network Troubleshooting > Internet Connection. Press [OK] to run an internet connection test. Select [OK] when done.
- From your TiVo DVR, press the [TiVo] button and navigate to Menu > Settings > Network Settings > TiVo Service Connection. Press [OK] to reconnect the DVR to the TiVo service.
- If a problem persists only on a TiVo Mini, from the Mini, press the [TiVo] button and navigate to Menu > Settings > Remote & Devices > TiVo DVR Connection. Select the appropriate device.
Channels are missing from my onscreen guide/Channeling up/down skips over certain channels.
You may be unable to tune to channels or view them in your onscreen guide if they are missing from the TiVo’s Channel List or if specific filters are active on your guide.
- From the main TiVo DVR box, press the [TiVo] button and navigate to Menu > Settings > Channel Settings > Channel List.
- Make sure a checkmark appears next to all channels that you want to display. If a channel is unchecked, highlight it and press [OK] to add the check. Press [Exit] when done.
- Test to see if channels display in the guide, when channeling up and down, etc. If you still don’t see them, try the following:
- Press [Guide], and then the yellow [A] for options. Arrow down to Channels. Options include Channel List, which displays only those channels checked off on the list, and All, which will display all channels. Press the yellow [A] to accept any changes made.
- Repeat the steps listed above on any affected TiVo Mini boxes.
I am not recording anything. Why is a red light appearing on my TiVo DVR?
This may indicate TiVo Suggestions is turned on. TiVo Suggestions will record programs the DVR believes you will like based on your viewing and rating habits (such as with the Thumbs Up or Thumbs Down buttons on your remote). Try these steps to enable or disable this feature:
- Press the [TiVo] button and navigate to Menu > Settings > User Preferences > TiVo Suggestions.
- Select On or Off.
Why is my TV reading the menu or guide to me?
TiVo offers an accessibility feature called Screen Reader, which will read aloud menus, the onscreen guide, or other words onscreen. To turn it off, hold down the yellow [A] button for a few seconds until the TV says Screen reader off. If you’d like to use the feature, hold down the yellow [A] button for a few seconds until the TV says Screen reader on.
When I press the TiVo or Guide button, I no longer have a video window playing in the corner of the screen.
Press the [slow motion] button on your remote (below the pause button) to toggle the video window on or off when you’re in menus or in the guide: