What is Blue Ridge Go?
Can I schedule recordings on my TiVo when away from home?
If you subscribe to TiVo DVR through Blue Ridge, Blue Ridge Go allows you to set and manage recordings, view your program guide and to do list, watch programs recorded to your TiVo DVR, and access content from TV channels’ apps. You can use the app or website whether you are home or away.
How do I use the Blue Ridge Go app?
- First, make sure you have registered a My Blue Ridge account.
- Download and install the Blue Ridge Go app from your Apple or Android app store.
- Launch the app and sign in with your My Blue Ridge account.
- Select your main TiVo DVR from the list of boxes.
- Tap the Menu button in the top left for further options:
- Tap What to Watch for recommended and available programs. This is the initial screen you’ll see after you sign into the app.
- Tap Guide to view the programming guide. It will initially display programs currently airing. Tap the magnifying glass icon to search. Tap the date/time on the right to select a specific day to view, and the left and right arrows on either side of the date/time to find a specific timeslot.
- Tap My Shows to see your list of programs recorded or saved on your DVR. Series with multiple episodes will appear as folders. To delete any programs from the TiVo, tap the three dots on the right, and then tap Edit. Select the program, and then tap Delete.
- You can also tap on a listed show to view available options:
- Tap for OnePass or Bookmark
- Tap to edit Keep Until or OnePass
- Tap to delete.
- Tap to download the program to your device. Please note: You must be connected to the same home network as your TiVo DVR for the duration of the downloading process.
- Tap Manage to be taken to your To Do List, where you can view scheduled recordings. From the top of the screen, you can also access your OnePass Manager or Recording History, such as to see when recordings were deleted or why a program did not record.
- Tap Info to view program information about the show you’re currently watching. Please note that this will only work if your device is connected to the same network as your TiVo DVR.
- Tap Remote Control to turn your device’s screen into an additional remote for your TiVo DVR. Please note that this will only work if your device is connected to the same network as your TiVo DVR. Tap the keyboard icon to launch your keyboard to type in channel numbers.
- Tap Settings to change the selected DVR box, Sign Out of your account, edit guide preferences or favorite channels, or change streaming options.
To set a OnePass or recording from the Blue Ridge Go app:
- Tap the magnifying glass in the top right to open the Search Box. Search for the program you wish to record. Tap on it from the drop-down list.
- This will open up the show or series page. You can view cast and crew information and upcoming episodes. Tap the drop-down menu below Episodes to view your WatchList, Recordings, or All Episodes, which will display information for every past episode.
- Tap Get This Show. You will find the option to Record Next Episode or Create OnePass. Alternately, tap Upcoming to select a specific upcoming episode. Tap on that episode, and then tap Get This Show for a list of options.
- If you select Record Next Episode or Record Episode, you’ll see the following. Choose your preferred options and tap Create Recording. A confirmation will briefly appear.
- If you select Create OnePass, you’ll see the following. Choose your preferred options (scroll down to see all available) and tap Create OnePass. A confirmation will briefly appear.
To view your To Do List or change or cancel a scheduled recording from the Blue Ridge Go app:
- Tap Menu , and then tap Manage. By default, the To Do List will appear. You can view scheduled recordings here.
- Tap on a program to be taken to the page for that specific episode.
- Tap to view your options for that recording.
- Modify Recording Options will allow you to change the recording options for that show, such as the start and stop time. Tap Modify Recording to update. A confirmation will briefly appear.
- Cancel Recording will ask you to tap OK if you’re sure you wish to cancel.
To download and watch a recording on your mobile device:
From the Blue Ridge Go app, you can stream an episode of a show to watch from your device if your device remains connected to the same network as your TiVo DVR.
To take a recording with you outside the home, you will first need to download it to your device. Please note that you can only initiate and complete a download if your device is connected to the same network as your TiVo DVR for the full duration of the downloading process.
- Navigate to My Shows and select the episode, movie, or recording you wish to download, and then tap .
- Select your preferred quality from the drop-down menu. Options include Basic, Medium, and Best. The higher the quality, the more space it will take up on your device. Tap Download with These Options to begin the downloading process. If you’ve already started the download and try to download the same episode, you’ll receive a message indicating it’s already been scheduled to download.
- To view your download progress, navigate back to My Shows. Tap All Shows to view a list of options. Tap Downloads.
- As the episode downloads, you will see a progress bar and estimated time remaining. After your download has completed, the progress bar will vanish. Tap the downloaded program to navigate to that downloaded recording’s page.
- It will now say My Download underneath the Play icon. Tap Play to watch the downloaded recording on your device. Tap My Download to view other possible viewing options. Available options depend on Video on Demand or app availability, as well as your connection to your home network.
- To delete the downloaded program from your device, navigate back to the downloaded recording’s page, tap Delete, and then confirm you wish to delete.
Can I still watch a recording even if I’m not connected to the internet?
If you downloaded a show to your device, you may still access it via the Blue Ridge Go app even if you don’t have a data connection or can’t sign into the app. You won’t be able to access your TiVo DVR to set recordings, view the Guide, or stream a recording if you’re not connected to the internet.
If you launch the app without any internet connection, you’ll receive a No Network Connection message. Tap Shows on Phone to view available downloaded recordings. Select the recording and tap Play to watch it on your device.
Help! I’m not able to stream recordings to my device.
If you want to stream content from your TiVo while you’re at home, please make sure your viewing device is connected to the same network as the TiVo.
To watch a recording away from home, you’ll need to have completely downloaded it to your device in order to watch it. A partial download will result in problems with viewing content.
I don’t subscribe to TiVo. Can I use the Blue Ridge Go app?
Yes, but TiVo functions will be unavailable. From the Blue Ridge Go app, you’ll be able to view the Guide, What to Watch, and will be able to launch any of the Watch TV apps for the channels to which you currently subscribe.
How do I use the Blue Ridge Go website?
First, make sure you have registered a My Blue Ridge account.
Next, go to www.blueridgego.com and click Sign in in the top right corner. Sign in with your My Blue Ridge account information. In the top right, next to Box, verify your main TiVo DVR box is listed. If you don’t see it, click the name that appears and select your main TiVo DVR from the options.
From the initial What to Watch screen, TiVo will suggest recommended and available programs.
Click My Shows at the top of the page to see your list of programs recorded or saved on your DVR. Series with multiple episodes will appear as folders. To delete any programs from the TiVo, click Edit, select the program, and then click Delete.
Click Guide at the top of the page to view the programming guide as you would see it at home. You can search for a channel from the Search Channels box or click the date/time on the right to select a specific day and time to view. Click on a program in the guide to record that show or to view upcoming airings.
Hover your cursor over Manage at the top of the page to view your OnePass Manager, To Do List of pending recordings, or previous Recording Activity. The Transfer Recordings option would be available if you have more than one TiVo DVR in your home. It won’t work with a TiVo Mini since the Mini doesn’t have a hard drive to store any recordings.
To set a OnePass or recording from the Blue Ridge Go site:
- In the Search Box in the top right (Shows, people, channels), search for the program you wish to record. Select it from the drop-down list.
- This will open up the show or series page. You’ll see cast and crew information, streaming options, a list of episodes recorded to your DVR, etc.
- Click Get this show to create a OnePass or Upcoming to view upcoming episodes.
- If you select Create a OnePass, you will see a screen to select various OnePass options. Choose your preferred options and click Create OnePass with these options.
- If you select Upcoming, you’ll see a list of upcoming episodes.
Click Record to view recording options. Choose your preferred options and click Record episode with these options. You’ll receive a confirmation screen.
To view your To Do List or change or cancel a scheduled recording from the Blue Ridge Go site:
- Hover your cursor over Manage and click To Do List. You’ll be taken to this screen:
- To edit recording options for a scheduled recording, click on the show you wish to edit.
- Click the More options button, and then click Recording options.
- Choose your preferred options. Click Modify recording options to modify, or Cancel this recording to cancel the pending recording. You can also create a OnePass from here.
- Clicking Modify recording options will update the recording and provide you with a confirmation pop-up.
- Clicking Cancel this record will confirm you wish to cancel. Click Yes, cancel this recording. The pending recording will vanish from your To Do List.
Can I watch a recording in my browser from the Blue Ridge Go website?
We apologize, but that option is not available. Please use the Blue Ridge Go app to stream recordings within your home or to download recordings to take with you outside your home.
Help! I’m having trouble with logging in.
Have you registered a My Blue Ridge account?
Are you able to sign into your My Blue Ridge account on www.brctv.com/login? If not, please try the Forgot Username and Forgot Password links provided on the login page.
Help! It says I have connectivity problems.
- If you receive a message that your TiVo is not connected to the internet, please make sure no error message appears on your television when you press the TiVo button or navigate the menu. If the TiVo appears to be disconnected from the internet, please follow the TiVo troubleshooting steps.
- Try closing and relaunching the app or refreshing your browser window.
- If you’re still having trouble, uninstall and reinstall the app, or try a different internet browser.
- If the above steps don’t solve your problem, please contact us.