What is the difference between Pay-Per-View and Video on Demand?
Pay-Per-View is purchasable event programming available to watch on a specific channel at a specific time. Examples of Pay-Per-View programs include Boxing matches, UFC events, and stand-up comedy specials. You can find scheduled events in your onscreen guide. High definition programs appear on ch. 615; standard definition programs appear on ch. 900.
Video on Demand allows you to watch programming at your convenience via an included service or app with digital cable. You can rent movies at a one-time purchase price or access free content included with your cable subscription, such as previous episodes of your favorite series. You may be able to view rented programs multiple times within the rental window. Content is available in HD or SD. You can find Video on Demand by pressing the [On Demand] button on your remote control.
TiVo, Cisco, and Scientific Atlanta cable boxes are capable of ordering both Pay-Per-View and Video on Demand content. You will not be able to access Pay-Per-View or Video on Demand through a DTA Mini Box.
How do I order Pay-Per-View from my TV?
On your TiVo DVR:
- Locate the program or event via your onscreen guide or the Search function.
- To utilize the onscreen guide, press [Guide] on the remote to open the programming guide. Enter the number of the channel you want: 615 for high definition (HD) or 900 for standard definition (SD). Use the right arrow to move forward in time. The [Advance] button , above the [Thumbs Up] on your remote, will allow you to jump forward 24 hours. When you have located the event you wish to order, highlight it and press [OK].
- Search for the program using the Voice function or Search menu. Please note, a Pay-Per-View program may have more than one search result, such as if the program’s scheduled runtime is different on a rebroadcast. For example, on its first airing, a UFC or boxing program typically includes a repeat of the event, so it may run eight hours on initial airing, and six hours when aired again. These may display as two separate search results. Each event may also have multiple upcoming airings. Make sure you select the correct channel for HD (615) or SD (900). Once found, press [OK] to select the event. On the next screen, select Upcoming on the left, then highlight the airing of your choice and press [OK].
- If the event is already airing, turn to ch. 615 (HD) or 900 (SD). The channel may air a preview. The screen will prompt you to press [OK] for Pay-Per-View Info.
- To order the event, select Rent and Record. A new pop-up will appear. Select Yes, confirm this purchase to order, or No (do not purchase) to go back.
- You will be prompted to Record episode with these options. Choose your preferred options, then select Record episode or press the yellow [A] button on your remote to set the recording. You will now see a check mark on that program on the guide.
- Please note: Selecting Cancel (don’t record this movie/episode) from this menu will cancel the Pay-Per-View purchase entirely.
- Once purchased, if you return to the program via Search or the Guide, and select More info, and the Rent option does not appear, this indicates the program was successfully purchased.
- Once purchased, if you would prefer not to record the event, such as to save space on your DVR, select the program from your guide or To-Do List and cancel the recording. The system will advise that Pay-Per-View charges still apply even if you stop or cancel the recording. This means you have still purchased the event, and can still view it live, but it will not record.
- Once the program is airing, the event will be viewable from the selected channel. If you chose to record it, the recording will be saved to the My Shows folder.
On your TiVo Smartbox:
- Events are accessible via the TiVo Smartbox’s built-in Pay-Per-View app. Tune to ch. 615 or 900, or press [TiVo] and navigate to Apps > All > Blue Ridge Pay per View. Press [OK] to launch the app.
- The Main Menu appears. Featured Events (most popular) are listed on the left of the screen. On Now displays the program currently airing. Up Next lists the programs scheduled for later that day. Additional options on this screen include:
- Select HD PPV, SD PPV, or Adult to view available content for those parameters. To return to the Main Menu, press [Back] on your remote.
- Pay Per View: If you navigate elsewhere within the app, selecting this will return you to the Main Menu.
- Search: Key in a title or keyword.
- My Account: This offers two options.
- My Purchases: View and access active purchases.
- My Information: View account and cable box information.
- Help: View instructions on how to use the app.
- Exit: Close the app.
- Once you have located the event you wish to order, press [OK] to select it. A pop-up will display the program’s title, date and time it is set to air, whether it is in HD or SD, the runtime, a description, and a timer counting down until its scheduled airtime. Please make sure the listed date and time is the airing you wish to order.
- The Purchase option will be highlighted. Press [OK] to purchase. A pop-up will ask you to confirm. Highlight Yes and press [OK].
- If the event is currently airing, it will immediately begin playing.
- Otherwise, a new screen will confirm the order and advise you to watch during the scheduled event window. Press [OK].
- To watch an event scheduled for the future, return to the app at the scheduled date and time.
- If the On Now section shows the program you ordered, highlight it, press [OK], and then press [OK] again to play.
- Alternately, navigate to My Account > My Purchases and select the program. At the scheduled start time, Play Now will be highlighted. Press [OK] to play.
- To exit playback, press [Back] to go back to the program listing, or [Live TV] to return to your normal channels.
On a Cisco box:
- Locate the program or event via your onscreen guide or the Search function.
- Press [Guide] and locate the show in your onscreen guide. Enter the number of the channel you are looking for: 615 for high definition (HD) or 900 for standard definition (SD). Use the right arrow to move forward in time. Use the [Day >] button to jump forward 24 hours. Highlight the event you wish to order and press [SEL/OK] to select it.
- To search for a program, press [Guide] two times. A submenu appears and offers the following options. When you have located the event, highlight it and press [SEL/OK].
- Title Search: Input letters for a specific title of a program.
- Keyword Search: Input letters to search for actors, directors, or topics.
- If the event is already airing, turn to ch. 615 (HD) or 900 (SD). Press [B] to Buy, or [C] to cancel. If selecting Buy, skip to step 3 below.
- If the event is scheduled to occur in the future, you will be prompted with the following options:
- Buy and Record this Show: If you subscribe to DVR service, you are able to purchase the event and schedule it to record at the same time.
- Buy this Show
- View this channel now
- Press [C] to Cancel
- If you select Buy, a confirmation screen asks if you are sure that you want to purchase this event. Press [B] to Buy or [C] to Cancel.
- Once purchased, a $ symbol will appear next to the program in your onscreen guide to indicate it has been purchased. If you selected Buy and Record, a red dot will also appear.
- Once the program is airing, the event will be viewable from the selected channel. If you chose to record it, the recording will be saved to your List. If you did not select to record it in advance, or if you bought an event currently airing, and you subscribe to DVR service, you may now press [Record] to record it.
Can I order Pay-Per-View online?
Yes! Not every available program can be ordered online, but you will be able to purchase the most popular events from our app or website. Please note you cannot view the event online. You must still watch them from your home’s cable box and TV.
My Blue Ridge app:
- Sign into the My Blue Ridge app with your primary account.
- From the Home screen, scroll down and tap TV: Order Pay-Per-View, or tap the Menu button in the top left, and then tap Pay-Per-View Events.
- A selection of popular programs appears, along with pricing. For additional programming, please refer to your cable box’s onscreen guide. Tap Order Now on your chosen program.
- Select date and time from the drop-down menu. Options will specify the channel and picture quality (standard or high definition; pricing and channels may vary).
- Tap Order Now. A pop-up will prompt you to confirm purchase. Tap OK to complete the order, or Cancel to go back.
- Once ordered, you will be returned to the list of programs. The event you purchased will now appear under Your Orders, confirming the date, time, and channel.
- Sign into https://www.brctv.com/login with your primary account. You’ll be taken to the Home screen.
- Hover your cursor over Services & Equipment and click Pay Per View in the white bar with blue text toward the top of the page.
- A selection of popular programs appears, along with pricing and premiere dates. For additional programming, please refer to your cable box’s onscreen guide. Click Order Now on your chosen program.
- Select your preferred picture quality (standard or high definition; pricing and channels may vary) and showtime from the drop-down menus.
- Click Order Now to confirm purchase, or click Cancel to return to the previous screen.
- Once ordered, you will be returned to the list of programs. The event you purchased will now confirm the order, as well as the date, time, and channel. This confirmation will also appear on the My Blue Ridge app if you navigate to Pay-Per-View Events.
Can I cancel a Pay-Per-View purchase?
Pay-Per-View orders can be cancelled so long as the event has not yet begun to air. Please contact us to cancel the purchase. Please note: if you have ordered an event which is currently airing, we are unable to cancel the purchase. Pay-Per-View purchases are nonrefundable.
If you have a Cisco cable box, you can also cancel Pay-Per-View purchases in advance of airing from the Settings menu:
- Press [Settings] on your remote, then [A] for more settings.
- Arrow down to Purchasing and press [SEL/OK].
- Arrow down to PPV Purchases and press [SEL/OK].
- Highlight the event you wish to cancel and press [SEL/OK].
- Press [A] to confirm cancellation or [C] to go back.
How do I view my Pay-Per-View history?
Help! My Pay-Per-View purchase does not play correctly.
In the event of pixilation or issues with playback, we first recommend rebooting the affected cable box. Once the box boots back up, please return to the Pay-Per-View channel and check if the problem has been resolved. If you require further assistance, please contact us.
If the system does not allow the Pay-Per-View content to be purchased at all, and rebooting does not clear any error message, please contact us for further assistance.
How do I block Pay-Per-View to prevent unwanted purchases?
Parental Controls allow you to block specific channels or ratings and prevent purchases by requiring a PIN.