What is the Affordable Connectivity Program?
The federal government has created the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP). This new program, which includes $14.2 billion in additional funding, will replace the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program (EBB) as of December 31, 2021.
Eligible households can receive up to a $30/month discount towards their Blue Ridge internet service.
Which services are discounted?
Eligible households can receive up to a $30/month discount toward any internet speed Blue Ridge offers. Customers will be responsible for additional equipment, taxes, fees, and/or overage charges and for any amount in excess of $30.
Visit our standard pricing page and select your location for full service rate details. Actual speeds may vary; stated speeds are up to subscribed to/stated speed and are not guaranteed. Visit the disclosure page for more information.
How do I know if I am eligible?
To qualify for ACP, at least one member of the household must meet one of the following:
- Participates in Federal Assistance Programs such as SNAP, Medicaid, WIC, Supplemental Security Income, Federal Public Housing Assistance, Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit.
- Currently receive a Lifeline benefit.
- Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs: Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal Head Start (only households meeting the relevant income qualifying standard), Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF), or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.
- Received a Federal Pell Grant in the current award year.
- Received approval for benefits under the Free and Reduced-Price School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision, in the 2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-22 school year.
How do I sign up?
First, confirm your eligibility by applying with USAC at ACPBenefit.org.
Once you complete the above step and receive approval, our ACP Team can assist you to set up service and apply the discount. Click here to submit a request online, or contact us by phone Monday to Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM, at 610-826-9896. To complete the enrollment process, you will also need to electronically sign an agreement acknowledging the terms and conditions.
I’m already enrolled in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program. What happens to me?
Households enrolled in the EBB program as of December 30, 2021 will continue to receive their current monthly benefit of up to $50 until March 1, 2022.
After March 1, 2022, your monthly benefit under the ACP will be reduced from up to $50 per month to up to $30 per month for eligible households. You do have the option to change your services at any time.
Some households may need to re-verify their eligibility for participation in the ACP after March 1, 2022. The Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) is expected to send reverification notices in mid-January, 2022. If you receive a notice, you must complete the reverification process by March 1, 2022.
For more information on the ACP and these changes, please visit the FCC’s website at https://www.fcc.gov/acp.