How Do I Turn Closed Captions On or Off?
How do I change Closed Caption Settings?
On a Blue Ridge Stream, or TiVO DVR, Mini, or Smartbox:
- While watching TV, press [Info] on your remote.
- Press the left or right arrow until Turn [Subtitles &] Closed Captions ON (or OFF) is highlighted and press [OK].
Alternately, while watching a program, hold down the blue [B] button for approximately three seconds. Captions will begin to appear.
To change closed caption settings, press [TiVo] and navigate to Menu > Settings > Accessibility. The following options are available:
- Subtitles & Closed Captioning: Turn captions ON or OFF from here.
- Subtitles & Closed Caption Language: Select English or Spanish, when available.
- Closed Caption Preferences: Change the size or appearance of the captions.
On a DTA Mini Box:
- While watching TV, press the red [C] button. Pressing multiple times will toggle Closed Captions on/off. A window will display in the top left corner of the screen to indicate if it is set to ON or OFF.
- Additional Closed Caption settings can also be viewed or changed by pressing Menu and navigating to Settings, then Closed Captions.
On a Cisco or Scientific Atlanta box:
- Press [Settings] on your remote. The Quick Settings menu displays.
- Press the up or down arrow until Display Closed Captions is highlighted.
- Press [SEL/OK] to switch it to the desired ON or OFF, and then press [Exit].