How Do I Turn Closed Captions On or Off?
How do I change Closed Caption Settings?
On a Blue Ridge Stream, or TiVO DVR, Mini, or Smartbox:
- While watching TV, press [Info] on your remote.
- Press the left or right arrow until Turn [Subtitles &] Closed Captions ON (or OFF) is highlighted and press [OK].
Alternately, while watching a program, hold down the blue [B] button for approximately three seconds. Captions will begin to appear.
To change closed caption settings, press [TiVo] and navigate to Menu > Settings > Accessibility. The following options are available:
- Subtitles & Closed Captioning: Turn captions ON or OFF from here.
- Subtitles & Closed Caption Language: Select English or Spanish, when available.
- Closed Caption Preferences: Change the size or appearance of the captions.
On a DTA Mini Box:
- Closed Caption settings can be viewed or changed by pressing Menu and navigating to Settings, then Closed Captions. Use the left and right arrow keys to toggle captions on or off. Then navigate to the top of the screen and select Use these settings. If you do not select Use these settings, your changes will not be saved.
- If you have a DTA remote with an orange Menu button, an additional shortcut is available to turn captions on. While watching TV, press the red [C] button. Pressing multiple times will toggle Closed Captions on/off. A window will display in the top left corner of the screen to indicate if it is set to ON or OFF.
On a Cisco or Scientific Atlanta box:
- Press [Settings] on your remote. The Quick Settings menu displays.
- Press the up or down arrow until Display Closed Captions is highlighted.
- Press [SEL/OK] to switch it to the desired ON or OFF, and then press [Exit].