What does the webmail migration mean for me?
Beginning 08/17/20, PenTeleData will migrate the email service over to a new hosting platform. Blue Ridge customers accessing their ptd.net email through their web browser will see a new user interface. You will see the change if you log into your email through promail.ptd.net or when opening an email from within your My Blue Ridge account. Once the change occurs, you will be able to move seamlessly between desktop, mobile and tablet browsers.
Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer supported by PTD’s new email hosting service. We recommend using Chrome, Edge, or Firefox.
During the migration, you may see a new URL in your browser of https://promail-legacy.ptd.net. This web address is temporary and shouldn't be bookmarked or saved.
If you use Outlook, or another mail program or app, you will not experience any issues. In the event you encounter any problems with your email, please contact PenTeleData Technical Support.
Help! I’m having trouble with my webmail.
In the event of a problem accessing your ptd.net email via the webmail through your browser, please first try clearing the cache within your browser, using the following steps.
- With Google Chrome open, click the three dots at the top right, then click Settings.
- With the Settings page open, scroll down until you see the Privacy and Security section and click Clear browsing data at the bottom of this section.
- With the Clear browsing data box open, select the appropriate time range and make sure Cached images and files is checked. Uncheck Browsing history and Cookies and other site data to prevent loss of website history and saved passwords.
- Click Clear data.
- Finally, restart Google Chrome by closing and re-opening your browser window.
- With Microsoft Edge open, click the three dots at the top right, then click Settings towards the bottom of the list.
- On the left side, select Privacy & security and then click Choose what to clear under the Browsing Data section.
- In the next window, verify Cached data and files is checked. Uncheck Browsing history and Cookies and saved website data to prevent loss of website history and saved passwords.
- Click Clear. An “All clear!” message will display directly under this button when complete.
- Finally, restart Microsoft Edge by closing and re-opening your browser window.
- With Mozilla Firefox open, click the three lines towards the top right, then click Options.
- On the left side, click Privacy & Security and then scroll down to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- In this section, click Clear Data and make sure Cached Web Content is checked. Uncheck Cookies and Site Data to prevent loss of saved passwords.
- Click Clear and then click Clear Now on the following window that opens.
- Finally, restart Mozilla Firefox by closing and re-opening your browser window.
If the above steps do not resolve your issue, please contact PenTeleData Technical Support.