What is Blue Ridge Stream?
Blue Ridge Stream, powered by Android TV™, provides the benefits of the TiVo Experience, access to Android apps by linking your Google account, Google Assistant for voice control, and options to stream Live TV and record programs to the cloud—all via the internet.
We offer two levels of service:
Blue Ridge Stream
Available for customers without TV service, Blue Ridge Stream provides access to 65+ channels through TiVo+, as well as popular streaming apps like HBO Max and Netflix (separate subscription required), available through the Google Play Store, and a remote with Google Assistant voice control.
Blue Ridge Stream+ Live TV
Available for customers with a digital TV package, Blue Ridge Stream+ Live TV delivers live television service and Video on Demand to your TV via your internet connection, in addition to the above-listed features of Blue Ridge Stream. You will also have the option of a Cloud DVR to record programs or start in-progress shows from the beginning, and access to the Blue Ridge Stream mobile app to watch your shows on the go.
How does it work?
The Blue Ridge Stream unit connects to the internet over wifi. This means a cable jack is not required nearby your TV or Blue Ridge Stream unit. That’s one less wire to worry about! Live TV channels and any streaming or app content will be provided through your internet service.
The TiVo Experience includes TiVo features such as the Home Screen, My Shows, What to Watch, your onscreen guide, OnePass, Parental Controls, Video on Demand, Apps, and more. TiVo+ is also included for access to 65+ streaming channels.
Android TV™ includes access to the Google Play store to download and use apps such as HBO Max, Disney+, Netflix, or any other Android apps. Please note you will need a Google account to sign into the app store or download and use Android apps. You can also use the Google Assistant voice control function through your remote.
Watching TV channels with a Live TV package will not affect your Blue Ridge internet service’s data allowance, and requires no minimum download speed. Please note that using apps to stream video will use data.
What is required for Blue Ridge Stream service?
To successfully use the Blue Ridge Stream, you will need:
- Blue Ridge internet service
- Wifi—via Blue Ridge HomeFi or your personal wireless router
- A TV with an available HDMI port
Blue Ridge Stream+ Live TV also requires a Blue Ridge digital cable subscription.
A cable jack or outlet is not required nearby your TV or cable box.
Can I install the equipment myself? Can I swap my current cable boxes over the counter for Blue Ridge Stream?
New TV customers:
For a new installation of service, or for customers without any existing TV services, please contact us to schedule an installation, or a technician-guided self-installation.
Existing TV customers:
You can exchange your equipment (including remotes and power cords) at your local Blue Ridge retail center.
Please note: All non-Stream boxes within the home must be exchanged at the same time (with the exception of DTAs).
Blue Ridge Stream units cannot share an account with a TiVo DVR, TiVo Mini, Cisco box, Scientific Atlanta box, or cable card. You can combine Blue Ridge Stream units with DTA Mini boxes within the same home. Please note DTA boxes still require a connection to a cable outlet.
How do I set up the Blue Ridge Stream device?
Follow these instructions, or refer to the Quick Start Guide (see attachment at the bottom of this article).
- Make sure your modem and wireless router are installed and connected to the internet. You will need to know your wifi password to complete set-up.
- Connect your Stream device to your TV using the provided HDMI cable.
- Plug your Stream device into a power outlet using the provided power cord.
- Make sure your TV is powered on and set to the correct HDMI input. Follow the onscreen instructions.
- You will be prompted to pair your remote.
- Choose your desired language.
- Select your wifi network and enter your wifi password. Highlight and select the --> button to proceed.
- You can sign into or create a Google account for access to Android apps. This is not required to complete setup; you may skip this step if desired.
- Accept the Google terms of service.
- You will be asked if you wish to provide your location via Google and share data to improve Android.
- Choose a name for your Stream device—bedroom, living room, enter a custom name, etc.
- Use your left and right arrows to page forward or back through instructions on device features.
- If desired, on the OnePass Quick Select, choose series you wish to add to OnePass.
- Your default apps should be selected. Select Done to proceed.
- You will be taken to the TiVo Home Screen.
Can I add Live TV to my Blue Ridge Stream service?
Yes! Contact us to upgrade.
How do I sign into or create a Google account?
To access the Google Play store to download and use apps, or to use the built-in Google Assistant, you will first need to create or log into a Google account. This can be done during initial set-up, or later on.
- Press the [TiVo] button to go to TiVo Home, and then navigate to Menu > Device Settings > Accounts & Sign In.
- Select +Add Account.
- Select Sign In to proceed, or Skip to go back.
- After choosing Sign In, enter your Gmail address or phone number. Select --> to proceed.
- To create a new account, arrow down and select Create account, and then follow the onscreen prompts.
- Enter your password. Select --> to proceed.
- To enter a special character, press and hold [OK] while highlighting a number. For example, press and hold [OK] on 1 to select an exclamation point.
- The system will check for two-step verification. Check your device, such as your smartphone or tablet, to proceed.
- Once confirmed, you will be logged into your Google account. Your Gmail address will appear on the Accounts & Sign In screen. Press [TiVo] to return to TiVo Home.
How do I use voice control?
How do I use the Google Assistant?
With Google Assistant, the Blue Ridge Stream box will respond to voice commands to search, perform actions, or make recommendations. Please note, you will need to set up and sign into a Google account to use this feature.
- Press the [Google Assistant] button on your remote.
- Select Continue.
- Select Allow to proceed with set up, or No Thanks to disable Google Assistant for this device.
- Select Yes or No to opt into Google Assistant email updates.
- Select your Google account, or add an account from this screen.
- A brief video will play, demonstrating features of the Google Assistant.
- Upon activation, the Google Assistant will have you try out the feature. Press and release the [Google Assistant] button, then speak into the remote.
How do I download an app?
The Android TV™ interface allows you to download additional apps to the Blue Ridge Stream box. Please note, you will need to set up and sign into a Google account to use this feature.
Please also note, in-app purchases will be charged to your method of payment associated with your Google account, and will not appear on your Blue Ridge statement.
- Press the [TiVo] button to go to TiVo Home, and then navigate to Apps & Games. Alternately, press the [Apps] button on your Mini remote.
- Select the Google Play Store.
- Browse apps and games, or select the magnifying glass at the top to search.
- Select the app you wish to download from the menu or search results.
- Select Install and wait for the download to complete.
- Once downloaded, select Open to access the app right away. You can also locate the app later by returning to the Apps & Games screen.
How many apps am I able to download?
Help! I’m not able to download any more apps.
Can I increase the storage on my Blue Ridge Stream?
The Blue Ridge Stream unit contains approximately 3 GB of available internal storage for additional apps. Once that amount is used up, you may be prevented from downloading additional apps without first removing one. Please note, this does not affect Cloud DVR storage capacity, only physical storage on the unit itself.
You can increase the internal storage space of your Blue Ridge Stream unit by inserting a microSD card into the microSD slot on the side of the unit. The Blue Ridge Stream supports cards up to 128 GB.
Can I cast an app from my device to my TV?
Yes! The Blue Ridge Stream box features a built-in Chromecast, which allows you to beam apps from your smartphone, tablet, or Google Chrome browser to your TV screen. Please note, your casting device must be connected to the same wifi network as the Blue Ridge Stream box.
- On your device, open the app you wish to cast to the TV.
- Tap the Cast button.
- Select the name of your Blue Ridge Stream box from the Cast to list of available options.
- The Cast button will change appearance , indicating a successful connection.
- Content may begin to play automatically, or you can select the content you wish to watch and press Play on your mobile device.
- While casting video, you can control playback from your mobile device, or from your Blue Ridge Stream remote.
- Press the [TiVo] button on your remote to exit casting and return to TiVo Home. Alternately, from your mobile device, tap the Cast button and select Stop Casting.
How do I access Video on Demand?
Press the [VOD] button on your remote. Alternately, press the [TiVo] button to go to TiVo Home, then select Blue Ridge on Demand. Please refer to our Video on Demand Support article for more information on navigating or ordering from Video on Demand. Purchases will be charged to your next Blue Ridge statement.
Movies and TV shows can also be ordered from the Google Play Movies & TV app, accessible from the Apps & Games screen. A Google account is required for access. Please note, any purchases or rentals made from this screen will be charged to your method of payment associated with your Google account, and will not appear on your Blue Ridge statement.
How do I access Pay-Per-View?
Pay-Per-View is not currently available with Blue Ridge Stream. Watch this space!
Sports packages such as NHL Center Ice, MLB Strike Zone, MLS Direct Kick, and NBA League Pass are available.
Blue Ridge Stream Quick Start Guide
See below attachment.