Can I use my own device?
Yes! You can choose to bring your own device. We'll send a SIM card in the mail if your device is not E-SIM compatible.
During the order process, you will be asked to enter the IMEI from your phone, to verify compatibility.
For steps on how to obtain your IMEI, visit Blue Ridge Mobile Troubleshooting. For a device to activate with Blue Ridge Mobile it must be compatible with our network.
- If you're bringing your own device (BYOD), it's important to check if your device is unlocked before switching to Blue Ridge Mobile.
How Do I know if my device is unlocked?
- You'll need to check with your current carrier if you're not sure the device you're bringing to Blue Ridge Mobile is unlocked. Some carriers may lock devices if under an existing finance agreement or if a balance is owed. A device must be paid off in full in order for it to be unlocked.
- Each service provider is different. It's important to reach out to your existing service provider by calling their customer service number to ensure your device is unlocked before placing your Blue Ridge Mobile order.
What you'll need to BYOD:
- IMEI - an identifier that is unique to your specific device
- E-SIM # - If your device is equipped with an E-SIM we'll also need the unique identifier for this E-SIM. An E-SIM is a type of SIM card that is embedded directly into a cellular device. To find your E-SIM Number, check your phone settings. The E-SIM # or EID can be found in the device settings.
- When you order service, we'll run a quick compatibility check on your device. If compatible, you'll be able to proceed with your order and activate the service. If you're device is not E-SIM capable, we'll ship you a new SIM Card free of charge.
- Activation times may vary and will depend on if you're Bringing your own Number or activating a new number. Wireless ports (Bringing your own Number) are complete usually within 4 hrs.
- Smartwatches and wearables are not currently compatible with our network.
- Tablets may be compatible with our network if they can be activated with a SIM Card.