Does Blue Ridge sell home security?
Yes! We know a home is safer when it’s smart. Blue Ridge Smart Home Security, powered by Alarm.com, delivers the best in home security and smart home automation, using the latest technology, with the reliability of the Blue Ridge network. Blue Ridge Smart Home Security includes 24/7 security monitoring and a maintenance plan for free service calls. You can access your system while at home or log in remotely to arm and disarm the system or monitor activity. Customize your system by adding devices to best fit your home’s needs, or personalize home automation by setting rules that correspond to your daily activity.
What is the maintenance plan?
Your monthly monitoring rate includes our maintenance plan, which provides free service calls in the event of a problem with your system.
Please note that each piece of equipment includes a 1-year warranty. Battery replacement in sensors is not included in the warranty.
Can I control the system from my smartphone?
What if I don’t have a smartphone?
You can also control your system from the interactive panel within your home, or access your system online via the web portal by signing in at https://www.alarm.com/login.
However, please note that not all settings or features are accessible from the interactive panel. We do recommend downloading the mobile app.
How do I create an online account to control my system?
When you set up installation and activation of Smart Home service, you will provide an email address to use as your username with the system. Once the service has been activated, you will receive a Welcome email with further instructions. Click the link within to set up your account.
Follow the instructions at that provided link to create a password and security questions, set up two-factor authentication, verify your email address, etc.
Once completed, you will use that username and password to access your system from the web portal or mobile app.
If you need further assistance in the set-up process, our technician can assist you at installation. If you have further questions, please contact us.
Help! I forgot my username or password.
On the mobile app: On the sign-in screen, tap Login Help and then follow the onscreen prompts.
On the web portal: Click Login Help, or go to https://www.alarm.com/getlogininfo.aspx and then follow the onscreen prompts.
Can I create multiple accounts to log into the app or web portal?
Yes. This can be done from the web portal:
- Log into the Alarm.com web portal (at https://www.alarm.com/login) with your existing account.
- In the Menu on the left, click Users.
- In the top center of the page, click Manage Logins.
- On this page, you will see any existing accounts.
- To add an additional account, click Add a Login.
- Enter the user’s Email Address and Login Name (if you’d like this to be different than the email).
- Choose their Language Preference from the drop-down.
- Click Save.
- On the next screen, you will set Login Permissions for the user.
- You can set permissions as Master Control, Full Control, Read Only, or Limited Device Access. Please refer to the description as listed on the page.
- Alternately, select Custom. You can then set each Feature Permission individually below, per function or device. You can provide access to Remote Arming, Scene Control, Notification Settings, Activity, Reports, Camera Video, and control of various devices.
- When you have set permission as desired, click Save.
- The newly created user will receive an email welcoming them to Blue Ridge Home Security, with a link to login or download the mobile app.
- In the event you wish to edit permissions or remove a created login, return to the Users > Manage Logins screen in the web portal.
- Click a Login Name to edit the permissions. You cannot edit permissions of the main, original login.
- Click the trash can button next to a user listing to delete the user. Click OK to confirm.
I have the Lifeshield home security system.
If you currently subscribe to the Lifeshield security system billed through Blue Ridge, please contact Blue by ADT (formerly Lifeshield) directly at 877-464-7437 for any issues with the service or monitoring.