What happens when my alarm goes off?
- Your interactive panel will sound an audible alarm.
- The central monitoring station will receive notification of the alarm and call the Location Phone Numbers you provided. If you do not answer, they will dispatch emergency services, before calling your additional emergency contact numbers.
- Please note: If you activated the panic alarm, emergency services will be dispatched before the monitoring station calls you.
- Upon answering, the operator will ask for your verbal passcode/secret word to verify or cancel the alarm.
- Please note: If you do not provide the correct passcode, emergency services will be dispatched to your home.
- If you verify the alarm or ask for authorities to be sent to your home, the operator will dispatch emergency services to the location. Alternately, you may advise them of any false alarm and cancel the alarm notification.
How do I trigger the panic alarm?
Activating a panic alarm will cause emergency services to be dispatched immediately.
On the interactive panel:
- From the main screen, press the button in the bottom right, which shows a police shield/fire symbol/medical cross. This will take you to the panic screen.
- Tap the panic of your choice: police, fire, or medical/auxiliary. Alternately, tap Silent Alarm under either Police or Auxiliary so as to not set off the audible alarm.
On the key fob:
The Panic alarm can be triggered from your key fob. Hold down the lock and unlock buttons together for 3 seconds on the key fob to activate the panel alarm.
- Please note: Your key fob must be within 100 feet of your main interactive panel to trigger the alarm.