How does the system work? What Rules are recommended?
Please see our Blue Ridge Home Security Quick Start Guide article.
What are Scenes? How do I create or edit a Scene?
Scenes can perform multiple actions on your system with the push of a button. Scenes can arm or disarm the system, and control locks, thermostats, garage door sensors, and more.
Default scenes included with your system are Home, Away, Sleep, and Wake Up.
You can create additional scenes if desired, from the mobile app or web portal:
- Log into the Alarm.com app or web portal (at https://www.alarm.com/login).
- On the home screen, select Scenes.
- In the app, tap the blue + button. On the web portal, click New Scene.
- Enter a Scene Name.
- Select the Scene icon. The default is a sun and moon. Select the scene icon and color you’d like to assign to this scene.
- In the app, tap the blue + button to select a device for the scene. On the web portal, click the blue + button next to the device you wish to add.
- Depending on the available equipment and devices, you will have options for different actions. For example, you can set a status for arming or disarming, locks, garage door sensors, thermostats, etc. Set your options as desired.
- Select Save when done.
How do I activate a Scene?
On the interactive panel:
Tap the button in the bottom left of the Home screen, and then select the Scene of your choice.
On the mobile app or web portal:
From the Home screen, select the Scene of your choice, or select the word Scenes to see all available scenes in a list.